Friday, June 17, 2011

C WARD

Hello all!  I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the C Ward (what they call the Pediatric ward here).  We are booming that is for sure.  Lots of very sick kids coming in daily.  Right now I have a 7 year old male who came in yesterday evening with bacterial meningitis.  Worse case of neck stiffness I have ever seen which is a hallmark for meningitis.  If I even placed my hand on his neck he would scream out in pain.  He is currently receiving IV antibiotics and I am hopeful that he is on his way to recovery. 

Also, a 4 month old male baby was admitted two nights ago in respiratory distress.  The baby was transferred from an outlying hospital when they said there was nothing more they could do.  I have been very concerned about this baby because he simply has not been improving, but today I believe God gave us the answer as to why the baby has been so sick which is that the baby is what they call code status positive.  That is there way of saying HIV positive.  The mother had said on admission that she had just recently been tested and she was negative but she must have converted during pregnancy.  Now that we have this answer I have placed the baby on the appropriate antibiotics for a type of pneumonia patients with HIV get and I hope that in a couple of days the baby will be doing much better!  I thank God for this answer today I have been racking my brain trying to think of why this baby was not responding to the treatment I was giving and then God handed me the answer!!  He is so AMAZING!!!  Please pray for this family as I was counseling this family about the code status being positive the mother asked that Jeff and I please pray for them even after returning to the states so I ask everyone that reads this blog to please pray for this family that they will find encouragement in GOD.

On Thursday night I received a 9 year old male with cerebral malaria.  He was unconcious and had seized multiple times after admission.  I was pretty convinced he was not going to make it even with the best malarial treatment that could be offered.  However, this morning God showed me the power of prayer because last evening at the prayer meeting I had prayed for God to give this boy a healing and I believe we are on the way.  When I walked onto the ward this morning I found him responsive to touch and opening his eyes in response to his name being called.  Needless to say we still have a long way to go but I believe God is performing a miracle right before my eyes!!

I am going to include some photos taken on the ward.  As you look at each child's face please say a prayer for them and their families. 



No comments:

Post a Comment